Thursday, January 2, 2014

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor


I waited a really long time to read this book.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone was my favorite book of 2012, it may even be on my top ten of all time (only to be topped by *anything* Rainbow Rowell writes.)  I was so afraid I was going to be disappointed, so I waited and waited and waited…oh my goodness I had NOTHING to worry about.  This was as good as the first…the characters (Karou and Akiva make me ache) and the setting and the absolutely beautiful writing and, and, and....  I loved it all!!! I CAN NOT WAIT till April for the conclusion of this series…I may cry a little.

Book Description via Amazon

Amazon Best Books of the Month, November 2012: Never fear, fans of Daughter of Smoke & Bone--Days of Blood & Starlight is just as good, if not better. Picking up a few months after the end of Daughter, Laini Taylor’s epic sequel finds Karou in the middle of the desert, tormented by memories of Akiva and creating an army to avenge her people. The drama runs high as the war between the angels and the chimera begins to take on a life of its own, and Karou begins to understand that her actions may have dire consequences. Taylor’s writing is full of energy and imagination, creating a world so vivid, you’ll swear you’ve been there, and characters you feel you know as well as your friends. The last third of the book demands your full attention, leaving no time to breathe between sentences and ending on a cliffhanger so big, you’ll wonder how on earth you can wait for the third installment. --Caley Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment