Sunday, January 5, 2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

I really have no words to express how much I love this series…this book…they cannot do it justice.  Without giving anything away, this book left my heart in pieces, not solely because the events in the book, but because it is over, and for that, I am very sad.

This quote, right here, is one reason why:"I fell in love with him.  But I don't stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me.  I stay with him because I choose to, everyday that I wake up, everyday that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other.  I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me." Tris, page 372

An Amazon Best Books of the Month, October 2013: Veronica Roth had her work cut out for her, ending a trilogy that had fans rabid for the final book, and she pulled it off like a champ. Allegiant kicks off right where Insurgent ended, so if it’s been a while since you read that one you might want to re-read the last couple of chapters to orient yourself. The first surprise in Allegiant is that Roth has switched to using alternating narratives of Tris and Four. At last readers get to see Tris as Four sees her and if, like me, you’ve been dying to get inside his head, you finally get your chance. One of the best things about this trilogy is the messy, passionate, and wholly authentic love story between these two. For Tris and Four, there is no love triangle, there are no sides to take--as in life, it’s only a matter of how their relationship will play out. Allegiant answers a lot of questions and also delivers some jaw-dropping twists--readers will go outside the fence, learn the origin story of the factions, and, of course, see how it all ends in a finale that packs a wallop and confirms Roth as a writer to watch for a long time to come. --Seira Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment