Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich


Where to start….I love Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series (or I did till she got to about #15), and this being her niece, I thought I would give it a shot.  There was a lot about this book I loved…both Evanovich women have a panache for creating delectable men…Ranger and Logan, in my mind, look like Dwayne, the Rock, Johnson, *sigh*. 
Stephanie Evanovich definitely has a much, much naughtier side than her aunt…less than 50 shades but you get the idea…and we got to those scenes by page 17.  I do agree with the reviews that there are some body issue/self esteem things going on…can’t get hot guy until she loses weight ect ect ect…but it didn’t ruin it for me.  I loved the characters, there were some laugh out loud scenes and it was just fun (wink, wink).

Book Description From Booklist

In this modern take on My Fair Lady, obese young widow Holly becomes the special project of Logan Montgomery, a personal trainer whose typical clients are professional athletes. As Logan reshapes Holly’s body and helps her deal with the emotional reasons she binge-eats, the two first become friends and then an attraction grows. Logan has never been with anyone like Holly before; his typical conquests are model-beautiful women who aren’t looking for commitment. When their relationship becomes physical, they keep it secret owing to Logan’s discomfort and Holly’s insecurities, but soon Holly realizes that she deserves to be in a relationship with someone who accepts her imperfections. Evanovich’s debut effort is a funny, clever, and well-paced read, but it lacks polish. Holly is a sympathetic protagonist and Logan has his charming moments, but the novel sends mixed messages about body image, self-esteem, and seeking male approval. --Aleksandra Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment