Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

I saw this on sale at Barnes & Nobles...$3.99...so I thought, why not?  It sat on my Nook for a couple of days and then I was between books and desperate for *something* so I gave it a whirl...and two days later I was done (if I didn't have a job and four kids and life it would have been even quicker.) 
 
This was such an unexpected surprise - the characters are quirky and ridiculously smart - in a cool geeky chic kinda way.  Matt made me think of a cuter version of Leonard from the Big Bang Theory, nothing against Johnny Galecki or anything...  I literally LOL'd when Matt mentions Large Hadron Collider...and I knew what that was...well kinda...from The Big Bang Theory...yup that just makes me feel smart.  The love story is perfect and literally made me sigh at the end...what can I say, I am a sucker for a good romance. 
Flat-Out Love
Book Description via Amazon.com
Publication Date: September 11, 2012
He was tall, at least six feet, with dirty blond hair that hung over his eyes. His T-shirt read Nietzsche Is My Homeboy.

So, that was Matt. Who Julie Seagle likes. A lot. But there is also Finn. Who she flat out loves.

Complicated? Awkward? Completely.

But really, how was this freshly-minted Boston transplant and newbie college freshman supposed to know that she would end up living with the family of an old friend of her mother's? This was all supposed to be temporary. Julie wasn't supposed to be important to the Watkins family, or to fall in love with one of the brothers. Especially the one she's never quite met. But what does that really matter? Finn
gets her, like no one ever has before. They have connection.

But here's the thing about love, in all its twisty, bumpy permutations—it always throws you a few curves. And no one ever escapes unscathed.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment