Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bared to You by Sylvia Day


So I pretty much hated the 50 Shades of Grey series...not in a judgemently kind of way...just hated the writing, story line and don't get me started about the characters.  I am not quite sure I feel compelled to go through the "read alikes" list we created but I am *hoping* to find one gem in there...
This is not that gem.  While it is marginally better written and the characters make me slightly less nauseous, I still didn't love it.  This whole theme of girl trying to save wounded rich man is just blech.  The naughty bits (and if by some weirdo chance that my father is reading this - please for the love of god stop now) are better but nothing earth shattering. 
So I will go back to the list and see if I can find that gem.
Book Description via Amazon

Publication Date: June 12, 2012 | Series: A Crossfire Novel

"If I were to recommend any book today to readers who enjoyed 50 Shades...this would be the first one I would offer....scorching love scenes."--Dear Author

Bared to You: A Crossfire NovelTHE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness...

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private worlds...and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

No comments:

Post a Comment