Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

I am not going to lie, this is a hard book to read; it makes you examine everything you know as a parent, or think you know.  It makes you look at yourself and your dreams and how that influences the person you become, the parent you become.  This would make such a great book club book, there is so much to discuss and think about and absorb, I loved it!

Amazon.com Review

Selected by the Amazon Editors as the #1 Book of the Year: Lydia is dead. From the first sentence of Celeste Ng’s stunning debut, we know that the oldest daughter of the Chinese-American Lee family has died. What follows is a novel that explores alienation, achievement, race, gender, family, and identity--as the police must unravel what has happened to Lydia, the Lee family must uncover the sister and daughter that they hardly knew. There isn’t a false note in this book, and my only concern in describing my profound admiration for Everything I Never Told You is that it might raise unachievable expectations in the reader. But it’s that good. Achingly, precisely, and sensitively written. --Chris Schluep

No comments:

Post a Comment