Monday, October 6, 2014

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I am very late to this parade, so late in fact that I almost missed it, and I am so glad I didn't.  I must admit it was the buzz about the movie that finally got me moving on this, anything with Neil Patrick Harris is a must see on my list, I heart NPH. 


This book, just wow, you really can't talk about it too much because it is so easy to let out some spoilers;  and trust me, this is one book that you don't want spoiled.  Flynn's writing is flawless...caustic, biting, raw.  And her characters, how can I like this book so much and hate the characters equally as intensely?  Guess it's that good writing thing...  This book begs to be discussed, which is why I am awful wife and spoiled the whole thing for my husband because I just HAD TO TALK...thanks babe for taking one for the team. 


Amazon.com Review

Amazon Best Books of the Month, June 2012: On the day of their fifth wedding anniversary, Nick's wife Amy disappears. There are signs of struggle in the house and Nick quickly becomes the prime suspect. It doesn't help that Nick hasn't been completely honest with the police and, as Amy's case drags out for weeks, more and more vilifying evidence appears against him. Nick, however, maintains his innocence. Told from alternating points of view between Nick and Amy, Gillian Flynn creates an untrustworthy world that changes chapter-to-chapter. Calling Gone Girl a psychological thriller is an understatement. As revelation after revelation unfolds, it becomes clear that the truth does not exist in the middle of Nick and Amy's points of view; in fact, the truth is far more dark, more twisted, and more creepy than you can imagine. Gone Girl is masterfully plotted from start to finish and the suspense doesn't waver for one page. It's one of those books you will feel the need to discuss immediately after finishing because the ending doesn't just come; it punches you in the gut. --Caley Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment