Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

I don't know what to say about this book...it is so excrutiatingly, painfully beautiful that I was sobbing big, ugly tears at the end.  I think adult readers will have a very different experience with this book than teen readers ( *especially* if those adults have children).  You can't help but go to that place...what if that was my child???  Mr. John Green - you absolutly killed me with this one.  So would I recommend this book???  I am still not sure...

Amazon.com Review

The Fault in Our StarsAmazon Best Books of the Month, January 2012: In The Fault in Our Stars, John Green has created a soulful novel that tackles big subjects--life, death, love--with the perfect blend of levity and heart-swelling emotion. Hazel is sixteen, with terminal cancer, when she meets Augustus at her kids-with-cancer support group. The two are kindred spirits, sharing an irreverent sense of humor and immense charm, and watching them fall in love even as they face universal questions of the human condition--How will I be remembered? Does my life, and will my death, have meaning?--has a raw honesty that is deeply moving. --Seira Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment