Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nursery Crimes by Ayelet Waldman

After bemoaning to a colleague of mine that I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING TO READ (yes I do work in a library and yes I do have no less than ten books on my end table right now but still nothing was grabbing me.)  She recommended this little gem of a book.  It was just what I was looking for - light, funny, beachy type read (though sadly no beaches were involved.) 

The story involves a stay-at-home mom, Juliet Appelbaum, who sometimes finds herself not so thrilled with the day to day life of staying at home with a small child.  I found this totally relateable because while I love my children I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my part-time job.  I did stay home when the triplets were young and there were days that I wanted to tear my hair out.  Juliet finds herself on the edge of a murder and cannot help but put her detective skills to the test (she was a public defender in her former life) and get to the bottom of the mystery.  And even though I did figure out whodunit two thirds through the book I still loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment